Sunday, February 14, 2016

2016 Valentines


(The Diver's Treasure: Candy Apple and Oxblood Coral, Rough Sodalite, Malachite, Petrified Wood, green Turquoise, Fossil Agate, Rough Olivine, Lapis, Topaz, Pyrite, Rough Turquoise, Tiger Coral,  Blue Coral, Chalcedony, Rutilated Quartz, Geode, Kyanite, Spotted Jasper, Fossil Stone, Rough Amber, Jade, Pearls, Rhodochrosite.)
I have always liked natural things and shiny things. When I was in fifth grade I received a rock polisher from my parents and was so excited to see how the pumice and tumbler would eventually work their magic. As a child I used to read Matthew 6:21, interpret it literally, feel guilty and sad. Even after I grew older and understood the verse a little bit more I still felt bad about how much I was drawn to shiny things and "rocks".

Just yesterday at Karg Art Glass my dad said, "Can you believe all this comes from the earth?" Yes, I can, and isn't it beautiful?

Over the last several years I started routinely praying The Lord's Prayer. "On Earth as it is in Heaven." Praying this has healed so much within me and given me permission to experience "treasure" now...not just store it up for some day after I die. I began loving people for who they were made to be, as they are and as they are becoming. I have permission to love everyone now!?! (Even my clients who do those things.)

In the process of finding heaven on earth, I have grown to love both kinds of treasure more. I love connecting people in process with shiny, colorful things that represent process. This is why I keep the jewelry side of my studio. 

I keep a large polished and pointed (God forbid, right...even tho it's pointing straight up or to wherever I pray focused love) Pink Quartz in my office---and I have been asked about it several times. Do I think the rock itself holds special powers? No. Do I worship it? Certainly not. Do I love the symbolism and process (1 Cor 13:13) it represents to me and my clients and people throughout history? You bet.

People and processes are amazing. I hope my Valentine tells you I treasure and love you right now---and invites you to do the same.  

No comments: