Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Upcycled Glass Cloches


Remember the glass cloche I talked about buying at Ferguson-Phillips? It was a total splurge but since the moment I saw it in my Elle Decor (favorite magazine ever BTW) I knew it was a solid design I'd want to keep a long time. There's a photo of it at the very bottom of this post.

A few weeks ago my friends brought me some glass globes because they thought I might want to upcycle them somehow. I thought about crushing the glass and using it for casting. I tried to saw the metal band off the bottom (to no avail) so I could slump one in my kiln. I thought about enameling on the glass. Then one night it hit me...Duh!

Tonight I finally drilled my first holes in glass (ever), bought the rope and made three cloches appear. These have a bit of the metal left on them from their original purpose---some have more metal (on top) and it adds an industrial chic look to the glass and natural rope. I'm going to bring them to the Red Barn Outdoor Market (YES! more on that later) and see how/if they sell.















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms. Mel and her cloches! :)