Thursday, March 31, 2011

Juxtoposition

What could be cooler than a stash of seventy 2000 year old tiny metal books? Maybe a giant rope tied glass cloche to put over a stash of them? I did buy the cloche. (It is in transit. I found it in RealSimple this month.)
Don't you just love the rough rope texture next to the smooth glass. I'm thinking seashells should go under it. Or maybe a cool piece of pottery filled with seashells? Or maybe my antique collection of squaring tools? Yes, adding metal to the mix would be cool.
Other than cutting and test firing enamel on a few copper disks, I did start one project in March. I assembled this lamp for Cody's birthday. It's evolving (not done) and there are more beer tops to be added. I am still searching for the perfect shade for the bulb. Click Here for more info on those ancient codices.

2 comments:

aunteem said...

Had not read anything on the codices. So amazing! Wow!

Julie said...

I watched a morning talk show where they showed the metal pages. There is one page where there is a drawing of a cross and in the background a tomb in front of the walls of Jeruselem. Interesting.