Sunday, April 3, 2011

Big Fluff

When my mind is racing with terms like "Pica", "Agoraphobia", "Centripidal" and acronyms like "FIRO", "OCD" and "BPD", sometimes I just want/need to simply be.
School is so intense right now (two major exams in the next two weeks)that working in short bursts on paintings (or a 'zine) that have deep significance to me only adds to the intensity, instead of providing the usual release.
Sometimes I just push paint around, take it off, put on more, and repeat. (Or I bang on metal, hold it in the fire, manipulate it and repeat.) This time a tiny canvas just wouldn't do, so I bought this giant mo-fo (4'X4') and then had to figure out how to get it home.
It might just look like a flower---but it's also an oasis, a peaceful flow of my being. It is going to sit around and be worked whenever I just need/want to be. I'll post as it transforms.


3 comments:

Julie said...

yea! another process to watch--love it.

Megs said...

love love. and i'm so excited to see what you do with those things you ordered below!

aunteem said...

whatever it becomes...it is beautiful!