Friday, December 28, 2012

Sweet Sophie is 7

These moccasins are my gift to my sweet niece Sophie for her seventh birthday later this week. (Shhh...luckily she doesn't ready my blog.)  I made them from the softest suede. I thought about putting some beads or bling on them and decided that stuff would probably ruin the natural feel of the moccasins for Sophie.

Sophie's sage soul will always stretch larger than her tiny little body. She is what I call "close to the earth" in that she notices, absorbs and thrives on nature. From bugs to the expansive sky, Sophie is keenly aware of truth and beauty found in nature and this wisdom is reflected in every ounce of her being. She's just radiant and has been since birth. I love her so!

Sophie when she was small enough to fit in my sink (and when she was eating/wearing baby food).