Friday, February 1, 2008

*hint, hint*



Lent 2008, an art 'Zine

Most of the work is done on the Lent 2008 art 'Zine I'm putting together for everyone. I am thrilled with how the thing is turning out. The cover is pictured above. This little 'Zine is 26 pages long. Within it I promise you will see at least 8 new AMAZING (I either found them or I got them from vintage books) Lent/Easter images you've never seen before! Plus it's chalk full of scripture, inspiration, and spaces in which to write your own meditations.

I'm still trying to figure out on which type of paper to print it. I'd like it to feel a bit like a comic book; have considered newsprint. It will have 2-4 colored pages, otherwise it's all black and white. I did this because I want it to be affordable for everyone. The B&W thing really throws it back to the early 90's pulp 'Zines. I'd like to give everyone a copy and then take donations for any extra copies. I would really like to get these things made for as little as possible, because I'd LOVE to leave stacks of them around town(s).

I've designed the 'Zine around the scripture Paul is going to be using in the Wheatland Mission Lent services between now and Easter, but the scripture applies to anyone, anywhere. Sorry I was late asking for submissions this year; I hope to begin collecting submissions and artwork for the 2009 edition asap. It has been a great experience that would be fun to grow and repeat year after year. It will gain more meaning as the number and variety of contributors grows. (Please remember this throughout the year as you encounter Lent/Easter thoughts and images.)

Anyhow, I'll let you know when they are done. They have to be done in time for Ash Wednesday so....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm excited to see it!! hope you guys have a fun & safe trip to kc!

Anonymous said...

Love the artist in you my friend...wish we could connect when you were in KC -- can't find your cell.

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited to see it all done.
hope you all had fun in kc!

*Lora said...

And Lora got sucked in...