Sunday, November 6, 2016

Making headway

No wall hangings yet but curtains raised (thanks to Cody) with a new extender rod on the way. Furniture pared down and rearranged. Pillows and soft throw ready to be squished into. Fish tank almost ready for fish. The rolling filter attached on the back makes the most perfect waterfall sound. I did not turn on the fireplace yesterday for fear something would happen and no one was there to help me figure things out..but I will get right to that tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, can you believe I already have 7 appointments on my first day!?!

When it comes to transitions, well, I always give it my best.
Aside from working like a farmer, this means adopting and reciting the mantra, 
"Be gentle with yourself."
It is this exact mantra that allows me to aim for my best, and still love with grace through sub-par. 

I know that practicing this mantra in my own life allows me to practice it with others. 
I am not the only one "fighting a great battle."

We must each take care of ourselves; no other human can give us the esteem we require for ourselves and others. 





1 comment:

the Whitelaws said...

It's looking great! I'm excited for you.