Friday, October 28, 2016

Transition


I happen to like change. That said, there's still a taxing reality to moving through transition.

Remember all those videos I recently posted about California? In early September we learned Cody was losing his job---or being transferred to California. We went and we checked it out...and it wasn't our thing. So, we came back to Kansas wondering what was next.

In all this process, I have only freaked out twice, because I have known change was coming. Lots of dreams, lots of confirmation. It turns out that change in Cody's job, effects change in my job. Hmmm...do I sound systemic? While I am sad to be leaving the amazing team at Empac, I am so.incredibly.excited to be returning to private practice. I even bought www.melaniecloud.com and brought it up to basic speed.

Here are a couple "before" pictures of the office I am taking over in one week. And though my friend Lacy (who is transitioning, herself) has done a great job with the space, I am excited to make it my own. Instead of all the bright colors (short-term energy) I have had at Empac, I think I will go back to the healing blues and greens (long-term therapy + safety). Doesn't it have great bones? I have a fireplace in my office---what a dream!


I move in on the 5th, and I start seeing clients at Adult Child and Family Counseling on November 7th. Don't worry, I will still be taking my 41st birthday off that week.

In the meantime, I am saying goodbye to great co-workers, colleagues and clients. Wish us all luck!

2 comments:

the Whitelaws said...

I love your office and am excited for your new practice. Praying for you and your family in this transition time.

Deborah Lambson said...

There's nothing quite as invigorating as Change. Especially the kind you're looking at! Im so excited for you Melanie..I think good things are ahead! :-) :-) ~Deborah