Thursday, July 21, 2016

Oceanic Astronaut/Ethanospheric Diver Finished

Finishing a painting like this feels so amazing. I know when it's done. I know when it's good. Only because of the magic that happens in that moment. I can never say when it's going to happen...or the details of how it happens...it just happens.                                                                 The rush of feelings in that moment are something akin to the resolution/renewal/restoration/refresh/rebirth that happens after engaging the ambiguity/trust/tolerance of any encompassing process. It reminds me anxiety is just a feeling...not necessarily truth. It reminds me of the purpose in process. It reminds me there are things at work which I cannot see or know or understand. It reminds me to engage the moment, to stay curious.






Chloe says this star looks like it's running with a gold streamer.


Letting go is also part of the process. I love when a painting transcends my own meaning/purpose. I am always relieved when a friend purchases my art and I know where it lands. I can go visit it if I need to remember/be near its resolution again. I am grateful to Amy and all of the opportunities she creates for me (and others). She inspires me to be a better patron, myself.