Saturday, February 14, 2015

2015 Valentines

I'm calling the subject of my Valentine this year an Oceanic Astronaut. 

I'm a tiny bit obsessed with this brave and iconic being. The explorer wears a moon nimbus and carries a light through an oceanic (I definitely mean that in both senses of the word) sky/sea. The diving weight on the cover OA is a heart.

I suspect I will be doing more with this subject. Lots more. It's healing to me in some pretty "other" ways. (I'll give the clinical research-proven explanation in my next post.)
 
The sentiment is wide open for my Valentines to choose how they want to receive such a big message. What does it speak into your heart?






3 comments:

Julie said...

Melanie--Thanks for sending me one of your Valentines! I forgot to give you the candle I got you for Valentine's Day. Momba

Unknown said...

Love our card!

Brielle Dunham said...

Hey Melanie! I finally made it to your blog! I immediately found this post about the Oceanic Astronaut. I would love to read your follow up post, as you said "I'll give the clinical research-proven explanation in my next post." It spoke so much to me when we last talked. :) I hope you are doing well!

Thank you for sharing your blog with me by the way! I am honored to read it!