Friday, October 31, 2014

Finished and Signed



 It seems only fitting that these two pieces should emerge from the studio together, finished on the same day. Both have this beautiful blue-green-purple analogous color scheme. I was adding the final layer of dioxazine purple to the canvas (while talking on the phone with my Aunt K :)) when I decided to take  brush to the ring. It might not be a "real" patina (this is almost impossible to get after the stone is set---or at least it's unknown to me) but I can always re-paint it.

The painting is going to Arizona. It will hang in an office on the Apache Indian reservation in the mountains. 
The Amethyst/Aquamarine stone was purchased at White Light bookstore in KC.



 For those of you who want to see the back of the ring---and the real patina on the earlier steps.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely love both of them! Exquisite.