Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The last month or so in pictures in no particular order

Inherited a rad shower curtain from Momba.
Made a few ear cuffs and rings.
Drank some "Green Jade" at my favorite restaurant, The Blue Koi before seeing...

...the Arcade Fire on the Reflektor tour. Having Andria and Isaac and Cody along made the whole experience more fun. Ohmygoodness I LOVE THIS BAND more than ever.
I made a mixed metal owl for a friend's dear-to-her niece.

Bronze Asymmetrical earrings (bird on front/bird on back )

Proudly watched the cutest, best little jazz drummer play with an expert.

Caught the 2014 Congressional Art show at CityArts. Besides Chloe's contribution, this was my favorite piece in the show---by Verity Clark, Maize High Junior.

Found this newspaper photo in a box of old ephemera I purchased on Ebay years ago. Collaged it over one of my  marbled papers. Sure looks like an Alchemist or Dervish to me.

Heard my sweet niece Sophie's violin recital. It was so good I was moved to tears. Being present for this was pure joy. ...her teacher is at the piano (the same piano I grew up listening to daily).
I shattered the back of my iPhone. Chloe told me to do this to it.

The Art and Book Fair at Century II was a good time at a great Wichita Tradition. I plan on doing only this show from now on.



No comments: