Thursday, June 19, 2014

Symphony in the Flint Hills

The lines as the sun went down
How like my dad and mom to take me out for Father's day? I was so excited to experience the Symphony under the sky---out in the middle of the beautiful Flint Hills.

The band shell looked like a giant covered wagon standing against the elements.

The grasses were blowing and rolling like an ocean.

The cowboys drove the cattle over the distant hills to right by the band shell.

Unforgettable experience with a few of my favorite people.

Out of the powerlines. Totally in my element.

The boys didn't want to come. (Crazy windy!)

Thank God I brought a tight hat...though when I took off the crazy thing I got laughed at for the silly red bar across my forehead.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous background. Everything in the foreground is enhanced by it (of course, two beauties like you don't really need enhancing). I wonder if that is how the impressionists felt about their backgrounds?

the Whitelaws said...

Love that sketch/painting!! Would love to do that sometime. My parents and sister were there. Did you see them?