Friday, May 10, 2013

Slow Shoulder with Gold Leaf

Slow Shoulder (Oil, 48X48) Full Flash

No flash and in the dark. 


People often tell me about how they experience my paintings in different light. I love the idea of things changing according to light.

It's no secret my husband hates this giant painting of him. We have agreed that I will let him keep the trash can painting (I won't even link to it I hate it's acrylic texture so much) and I will keep this one. It is hands down my favorite painting to date simply because of the subject matter (+attachment) and poem. Maybe that's why I can't quit touching this canvas. I know there will be other paintings to follow that will some day trump this one and I probably won't even want to hang it. There were these and this before it. For now I need this one to be just. like. this.

*Posted for Lara, my non-FBing, non-instagramming friend who kicks ass in the kitchen, in the wild, and is a tender mom. (Yes, Lara. I used an Oxford Comma.) This painting is also for your cute little blondie who magically weaves circles in and around all of us. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Oxford comma!!
I also love my cute little, circle-weaving blondie.
I enjoy when you add 'spawkly' to your work.
Lara