Monday, March 25, 2013

Zazzle Site

Aside from my website I'm also working on a Zazzle store. If you don't know what Zazzle is I think you are in for a treat. Basically I upload high resolution photos of my artwork to Zazzle and they print the photo on the object of your choice. Though I do get a tiny commission (built into the sales price) I am doing this to make my images more accessible. I think the prices are fair, shipping is quick and I love that I don't even have to be involved. 

So far I have only uploaded a small file of the green piano to test how things work. Eventually I'd love to have all of my piano images plus photos of my paintings (which might take a lot of work b/c I never shoot high resolution photos...and if you have one of my paintings I might be calling to take a photo of it) uploaded to the site.

There is a quick-load of potential store products available that shows up right after I upload photos. I have to say it was pretty surreal to see my piano image emblazoned on the back of a doggie sweater. The sight of the doggie looking at the image over his shoulder made me laugh for a good minute.

Here's the link to my store: http://www.zazzle.com/melaniepearl* . Feel free to request images or just watch the store develop.

No comments: