Monday, December 10, 2012

Middle Class Musician

People might think I married a bad boy 17 years ago. Truth is, I married a saint*. Notice I did not say what kind of saint. Yeah, he will probably be on the same pew as Elvis, Johnny Cash and (from what I have been told) my uncle Myrle who passed away before I was born.

Let's just say that for every 100 opportunities to be bad, Cody only takes 1. One foot in surgery by day, one foot in the bar at night. What a bizarro world to straddle! Not everyone accepts the wider lens narrative Cody is living. There are times when opportunities from one limit his opportunities with the other, yet he still manages the anxiety of this reality.



All this is why I'm so excited for Cody right now. This month he is recording with THIS GUY (who has gold records on his wall and has won a Grammy!)  because of THIS GUY. Both these two guys see/hear what I have always known about Cody's songs. They're gonna make the most kick ass CD and then they're going to sell the songs. Who knows? Maybe you'll be watching the next Infinity commercial and Toll Booth Love Song will pop you off your couch.

Vehicles photo by Steve Gracy Photography

Cody Cloud photo by Steve Gracy Photography
(Cody Cloud has helped me name and raise 2 amazing children. He has supported me through college...twice! In fact we have earned 4 degrees & 4 professional designations while married. Somehow in all of this we have managed to foster and support each others' creativity. *Phew!* Incidentally, he never reads my blog so I can brag about him here all I want. ;) )

2 comments:

lara said...

You are married to a rock star!

keenan88k said...

Great news! Awesome!