Thursday, October 11, 2012

Studio Update

The insane Kansas heat has finally relented and allowed us to move forward with the studio. Dad put the new floor in a couple weeks ago. Then he and Cody dug the trench and ran the conduit for the wiring. Yesterday Dad got the wires run through and now the boxes are waiting for my friend Eric to come work his magic.

You can see I will have lots of outlets. The cool thing about them is that that are on several different circuits so I can run my kiln on one while the AC/Heat is going and the lights will still stay on.


After the electric is working the guys will put in the insulation and put up the chipboard to finish out the inside. I want pegboard with hooks so I can move paintings all around and up and down the walls while they dry.

The first thing I am going to do once the studio is done being worked in is have my friend Barb over to set up my new torch. Then I am going to get to work on the water fountains I have been dreaming about. (My new torch gets super hot enough to do bigger projects.)

I painted some this am (the blue one) and realized how seasonal my hobbies are. That painting is now going to take weeks to dry before I can work on it again. Venting for the paint thinner is probably going to be impossible in the winter and my paintings will slow down again. ...but at least I'll be able to fire my torch soon and the heat will feel good!

There is one more important decision to make. I have to pick colors for the exterior of my studio. I think I want cobalt blue. I realize it's ridiculous and would not blend in with the beautiful lawn Cody has fostered. No other colors are coming to me other than white. Maybe pure white will be just as good. We'll see.

No comments: