Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sold

Tonight I added gold leaf flecks to The Air Parade. The flecks create a different effect than solid, gold leaf sheeting. It creates more of an intermittent twinkle effect instead of flat, shiny solid lines. I love this painting everytime I see it. Yes, I said love.

This painting reminds me to be gentle with myself (and others created to notice/convey the unseen).



 

48" X 30", Oil and gold leaf.
1.5" gallery wrapped canvas (no framing necessary)
Asking Price $425 (+ shipping if applicable) and you may have to wrestle it away from Cody.
The brushwork is lively and dimensional, matte and shiny. Call to see.

The painting goes with this poem which was actually written 2 days before the painting was created. Both the painting and poem were published in the 2012 Friends University Gallery literary magazine. Well, almost both. Somehow the poem was published without its final line. Initially I was unhappy the most important line was left off. Now I'm okay with it because I keep changing the final word anyway. The word has been "need" "greed" and "heed". All three words work, and all three change the poem just enough to alter its meaning. The painting will be sold along with a copy of the magazine. I'll write in the last line however the buyer likes it best.

 



No comments: