Friday, April 16, 2010

It's not so simple, Vera.








I've been purse shopping for 6 months. Much like my experience shopping for a desk, shopping for a purse has been fruitless...until I went to Khol's on Wednesday. Kohl's? Yeah, believe it! I found a Simply Vera, by Vera Wang purse. I used my $10 off coupon from Kim, and with the 40% off sale, I walked out with a decent $80 purse for $30. Mind you, I knew I'd be altering it, but for that price I knew I could afford to experiment with it.

Kim gave me the lock and keys a few months back; I think she picked them up at a garage sale a long time ago. I had the rivets and extra brass ring in my leather kit. I used one of grandpa's old leather punches to punch perfect holes through the leather and liner in order to set the rivets and lock cover.

The pretty old French coin (thanks Dad and Allianz) says France's motto: Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite. It's hung next to a nouveau key from that era. Yes, even my purse means something to me.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool bag.
K

Jeannie said...

so neat...you have so much talent