Thursday, August 28, 2008

My First Auction


Tomorrow night, Final Friday August 28th, my "Carry You" piece will be auctioned off down at Abode homes. I was a little nervous to submit it...am still not sure it's good enough...but couldn't ignore the nagging voice that said to at least offer it. The auction will benefit the community of Greensburg, so I am thrilled to have a hand in helping out there. I do think it's cool that this piece is about shelter from the storm...maybe this is the reason I painted it?

Here's the scoop:

6 comments:

Annie said...

I think you will find out tomorrow that it is more than "good enough". Sorry it didn't work out for you to come with us this weekend. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Whatchu talkin about Willis? That is simply amazing like everything else you do...don't fool yourself Mel. Seriously. It is fabulous and whoever gets it will be honored to have it on their wall.

Jenny said...

It's beautiful! I'm glad you had the courage to put yourself out there, and whoever gets it will be glad as well.

aunteem said...

I am so glad you have a painting there. That's so cool. Wish I could come watch! I got the invite for it this week, it's a great idea!

Julie said...

L. and I went to see your painting at Abode. Oh, they had such beautiful things in that store! I can hardly wait to see how your painting does tomorrow evening...Love you, Momba

Anonymous said...

nooooo

why are you selling it...

i guess that is what artists do...
make things and sell them but i am bummed....

i love it.