Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Better Balance

All three of my people are going back to school in the next few weeks. Before we head into constantly changing schedules, I decided to shift my own as of August 1st. As a result, I get to be home an hour early on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I have also decided to take a break from supervising at Friends which opens up quite a bit of head-space and frees me from living so attached to my phone/another email account and moving between my office and the college mid-day. While they seem like small changes, I have already lived one week in the changes and am experiencing great relief!

On Thursday night I walked out of the office at 5:30. Plenty of daylight. Not starving.  I spent some time in the studio getting the neglected space cleaned up. I attempted to create a poured painting with Elmer's glue. It failed, but I was excited to be back in the studio.

On Friday after clinic I had the energy to go to Hobby Lobby and Ace Hardware thinking I would try this new painting process on Saturday. I ended up going out to the studio Friday at 9pm to make the seafoam/gold painting. Ohmygoodness! It was so much fun. So. Much. Fun.

On Sunday I poured this Amethyst painting and a few small blue ones. See my IG link for more  photos. Studio time = pure healing!




No comments: