Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Quantum Entanglement Illustrated


I woke up this morning, barely opening my eyes to make my son's sandwich and kiss him out the door. I shut the door and turned to find the small square books Sydney left on my porch yesterday. I grab one and quickly realize I need a blanket and couch because this is a book I will not be putting down. So much for going back to bed.

I start from the beginning. I absorb the entire book only stopping to scratch out a few notes. Holy moly new inspiration! Plus, the book is full of confirmation about my own process. I love connecting forward, backward and all-over dots.

On the last pages I find Austin Kleon's delightful note card illustration:
Oceanic Astronaut?!? Yes, this is what OA is all about!
I finish the book and make my way back to the painting to find this:

All those stars are silver. The heart weight and moon nimbus, too.


The sun is barely up and the light on the painting is perfect. What I could not capture with every effort last night, is effortless today. All I needed was natural light.

And now all I want is to hit the pause button on my day job, re-read the book, take inventory and put the new ideas to work. Interestingly enough the Mr. Kleon's book even talks about the health in having a day job. After all, the tent-making is a vital part of the whole. Until tomorrow....


No comments: