Thursday, May 7, 2015

Another painting begins





This one won't turn around. What the heck?!

I'm widening the bottom right corner and will add some white to lighten and balance that corner with the other two light corners. I see many things while I paint this for my friend (who gave me an established saltwater aquarium!)...about his journey. Obviously there's this bird thing which was not a conscious creation. I like the idea and I know why it emerged, I'd just rather see less bird and more wings, so any bird shape might be completely obscured by the end. It's the first time I've used oils in a long time, so the slow build of color is beautiful, calming and fascinating for me to watch. There will be diox purple yet---and cad yellow added last, for sure. Possibly will add some cad red, but we'll see if it needs it.
My friend gave me this coral tank. This is just after it was moved into my office. The water was stirred and the coral were withdrawn. The following morning I walked in to find a very different looking tank.

See a black-light only photo here.

No comments: