Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Turquoise and Green Turquoise

It has been nice in Kansas this week! What do I do? I say yay for cross-ventilation and fire up the torches!

Today I paid for a private lesson with my cadillac torch. Barb Vogt graciously agreed to come over and teach me how to use it, change tips, check my gauges, etc. I've had the torch for four years now---and been scared of it ever since I filled the tanks. It's different than the torch I learned with so there's a definite learning curve. (I'm already learning by doing/behind the curve, and today alone I charred up one bezel and a thin sheet of silver figuring out how very hot my tiny flame actually is.)

But truly, in the past I have just been more concerned with blowing up my studio. Barb says, "It's easy!" Now I am quite confident it IS easy to operate and it's all going to work out, so that leaves me feeling hopeful. (There are days I think I should just cash in on the jewelry stuff...but that's when I go to painting...and when I think I should hang up my brush, I go to silver...so I guess I do need both options.)

Here's what I made today---from old and new silver, for my Aunt Korrene who owns the stones and gave me the silver. Yahoo!


No comments: