Saturday, September 27, 2014

Currently On My Mantel

The sea turtle shell is still front and center.

Fossil filled Limestone, Elephant from India (I've had since 2nd Grade), & hand built vase Cody gave me in H.S.

Thrift store shell, hand built vase from Cody, Crystal from Crystal Bridges, Puffy ceramic by Cody and tangled Copper wire heart shaped from an old drawing

Jung's book from Hannita, Tennebrae bucket full of Co river rocks, Brass Tic-tac-toe inherited from Cody's grandparents

Cody's egg shaped vase, Cody's hand built cut away ceramic bird, Mason's small bee-hive pottery piece holding our feather collection (The feathers are found from Alaska to KS)

Brass star lamp from Chloe and thrifted Brass door knocker anchor

Pair of jasper wands, Cody's pottery, puffy hand built piece, Mason's thrown candle holder & a thrifted photo of beehives

These are a few of my favorite things. I love that the earth, water, air and fire are all now represented in the middle/hearth of my home. These objects are each so rich in symbol and meaning.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Man, my mantel is plain.