Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Birth Into Blue stretched and revisited



I am having so much fun with the marbling process now that I "get it" more. Since I had this canvas rolled up in the studio I thought I would add to the top of it and see what happened. I was not expecting the marble to stick to the regular paint surfaces. I knew it would stick to the specially prepared body and cord. I do think the effect would be better had I started with the marble and then added the image on top. ...of course now I am imagining entire under-paintings of this stuff.

There is still a lot of the process that is completely out of my hands. For example, weather greatly affects what the colors will do. There's something so wonderful about letting go and being present with and accepting whatever happens. Art as mimesis, once again. *I'm just realizing (after searching my own blog) that I've never posted this image. I don't even know when I painted it. Maybe the sketch is dated in my book?





No comments: