Sunday, July 27, 2014

Group Painting

Group Painting for Jennifer Jay, 54X36, Acrylic and Oil


Last night, it was my pleasure to host a birthday party for someone I admire who has made a real difference in my life. A group of some my favorite people (nearly all therapists) converged on my deck and together we created a group painting in honor of our friend's birthday. This morning I added just a few finishing touches to bring it all together. It is probably going to hang in a space we all share at Friends University where it will serve as a great reminder of many wonderful things: memories, family, working together, beauty, friendship, process, etc.

  I am honored to co-teach the the Postmodern course for the MFT program at Friends this fall. This painting perfectly illustrates my philosophy on the modern to postmodern spectrum. Many truths---and from chaos emerges order.

(Before)

Brave painters, great sports!

Me and the Birthday Girl

No comments: