Monday, December 19, 2011

Tree Tattoo Pendant

Remember when I sketched these tattoos? My friend's favorite was the "Ancient" tree. I gave her this pendant today. 




The pendant bears it's own meaning to the recipient. The giving of this pendant (to me) symbolizes the difficult-to-describe, powerful dimensions of living in relationship with others. When I think I know someone...when I think I have them figured out...I dig deeper. I try and move to a place beyond words and qualification. (Sometimes this happens involuntarily, other times it is quite a challenge.) This place is a place called love. What I find in love is that all people are truly amazing.

Sometimes that which is 2D deserves to become multi-dimensional. This can be seen in the drawing (2D) becoming a pendant (3D). Or in people who appear to be one thing---and are actually quite complex.

4 comments:

Annie said...

What a beautiful tree. You are amazing. :)

Deborah Lambson said...

Trees amaze and fascinate me. This one has fabulous spirit! I LOVE it Melanie~

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. And, amazing design. It symbolizes the Tree of Life so perfectly.
K

Julie said...

Love it!