Sunday, February 27, 2011

Low Tree











Maybe 1 out of 50 of my sketches is ever brought to canvas or made into a piece of jewelry. Then something happens to make that sketch leap off the page and it has to go somewhere. I work creatively to figure out this placement. Once an idea or a sketch takes on meaning, dimension and is "brought into the real", it is difficult for me to ignore. The subject evolves before, during and after I work with it.



Sometimes my meaning resonates with other people. Sometimes the subject even takes on its own meaning for others. Whatever the case, it's out there to be reckoned with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Mel. I love seeing your sketches alongside the finished painting. I love the red with the blues and greens--vibrant and melancholy all at the same time. What was your original meaning? When I look at it, it's like the tree is bleeding, or in mourning.

I love looking at your work.

aunteem said...

Beautiful Mel...I love it!

Hannita said...

love it mel